Thursday, November 30, 2017

Holiday Gift Bags

I thought these fabric bags (sacks?) were adorable with their drawstring and generous 5" x 7" size, and I liked them even more once I finished decorating them with Chalkology Paste!  The ones in the picture below feature the Build-a-Gingerbread-Man Chalk Transfer.  Cute, huh?


The three bags in the next photo feature the following Chalk Transfers:  Winter Woodland Scene and Wise Men.


I was amazed at how little time it took to decorate these bags!  Seriously . . . it took longer to decide which images and colors to use, and the Chalkology Paste dried super fast on the fabric.  Although I could have added a fabric medium to the paste so the bags could be laundered, I opted to not do that.  I placed some cardboard inside the bags and just used the paste straight out of the jar.  Chalkology Paste takes quickly to fabric, so I would recommend that you decide where to start and then just place paste on the image, spread it as far as it will go, and then add more paste as needed.  You definitely want to be very careful to not get any paste off of the Chalk Transfer because you can't just wash boo-boos off of fabric.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking the time to leave a comment is much appreciated! To prevent scam and advertisement comments from automatically posting to my blog, all comments are moderated. Thank you for understanding.