Saturday, November 4, 2017

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Oh, if only it felt like November!  I love Fall and Winter but, in North Carolina, Summer seems to be the prominent season, much to my dismay!  I had to switch the heat pump back to A/C last night.  Tonight, though, I had the house to myself so I went to Spotify, turned up the volume, and decided to do something chalky.  I picked up one of the boards that I recently stained and chose to work with Chalk Couture's "Baby It's Cold Outside" transfer.  I just love the mittens, although they don't show up all that well on this board.


If you haven't worked with Chalkology Paste and Chalk Transfers yet, then I'm sure that I can't convey just how fast and easy it is to create a decorative sign like this one.  The colors of paste that I used are Orchid, Caribbean, and White.  As I removed that large snowflake transfer (from the mitten on the right), I thought about adding glitter while the paste was still wet.  It turned out beautifully!  When I was sure the paste was dry, I lifted the board and let the excess glitter fall onto a piece of paper so I could return it to the glitter container.  


It's hard to take photographs at night--harder still to capture the shimmer of glitter, so I had to do some tweaking to the photo.  The colors are truer in the first photo.

If you have any questions about Chalk Couture or want more info, leave a comment or send me an email (see "Contact Me" in the right sidebar, just below my photo).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking the time to leave a comment is much appreciated! To prevent scam and advertisement comments from automatically posting to my blog, all comments are moderated. Thank you for understanding.