Saturday, October 6, 2018

Holiday Wooden Tag

I recently asked my husband for a scroll saw and, being his usual sweet and generous self, he bought one for me.  Of course, he was a bit surprised that I'd ask for a saw and wanted to know what I thought I would do with it, but he's always so good about supporting my dreams.  After he and my son showed me how to use the saw, I started breaking blades making some cuts.  My first drill was to try some practice cuts, such as a straight line and curves.  I managed to cut two tags and a stocking, and this is my decorated stocking:



After staining and sanding it, I decorated it with the following Chalk Couture products:


It's hard to notice the shimmer of the Shimmer Silver ink that I used on the snowflake and the text, but it really does have some sparkle.


See more Chalk Couture products and projects here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking the time to leave a comment is much appreciated! To prevent scam and advertisement comments from automatically posting to my blog, all comments are moderated. Thank you for understanding.