Thursday, October 11, 2018

Happy Camper dressed for Christmas -- and a chalkin' tip!

I get that it seems early still for Christmas projects, but my Happy Camper Add-On Winter Chalk Transfer arrived yesterday.  I. love. it!!!!!  Working on this chalkboard was so much fun!

 

That buffalo plaid . . . ahhhhhh.  It's so nice to have it as one of the images in the transfer because it can be created with many different colors.  Take a closer look at the transfer--the images are fantastic!  The text images are perfect for the holidays, the layered tree is one of the prettiest that Chalk Couture has, and there's so much to choose from when decorating with this transfer!


Links to the products that are featured on my project:


CHALKIN' TIP:  Sometimes when you are layering images, the Chalkology Paste can come up when you remove the Chalk Transfer.  This can happen for a number of reasons, including the paste not being dry, the surface still being too warm (from heat drying), the underlying paste gets re-moistened when the second layer is applied, the Chalk Transfer is too sticky/wasn't "fuzzed" well before it was placed on the surface, etc.  When I worked on this project, I applied a very thin layer of paste wax over the areas where a transfer would be applied for the addition of another color (the tree, the red background before the black buffalo plaid, and the red bow on the green wreath), and I didn't have ANY problems!  Everything worked beautifully, so I definitely recommend using paste wax to save yourself the trouble of a re-do.  ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking the time to leave a comment is much appreciated! To prevent scam and advertisement comments from automatically posting to my blog, all comments are moderated. Thank you for understanding.