Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Unique Recipe Holder

I recently came across some jumbo wooden clothespins that I acquired when I was on the design team for a craft supply company, and it occurred to me that I could use one of them as a recipe card holder.  For someone with aging eyes, such as myself, an elevated recipe would be a great thing!  I gave one of the clothespins a coat of chalk paint, and then I added some decorative pizzazz by using  Chalk Couture's Shimmer Silver and Coral inks to transfer images from the Roll with It and Mama's Kitchen Chalk Transfers.  


The Coral ink is such a bright, striking color, and the Shimmer Silver is really quite shimmery!  It's hard to capture the shimmer in a photograph, but can you see it?  


The Mama's Kitchen Chalk Transfer isn't available in my online store just yet--it will be available in April.  Both of the transfers that I used for this project are great choices for decorating tea towels with the Couture Inks. 

Did you know . . . Our Couture Ink offers permanent color when heat set and is ideal for fabric, apparel, and other soft surfaces. Read all use and care instructions for fabulous results, and test a small area on your favorite surface before use.  The ink can also be used on metal, coffee cups/mugs, ceramic, glass, mirrors, etc.--anywhere that you want a permanent application for your transferred design.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking the time to leave a comment is much appreciated! To prevent scam and advertisement comments from automatically posting to my blog, all comments are moderated. Thank you for understanding.