Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Preparing for Spring

"Full Bloom" is such a lovely transfer, and it's quite easy to use.  It looks like this:


It's easy to see that the two largest images are intended to be layered, and there's an easy trick to that.  The image with the most detail (the upper image with the branch/stem) should be the second image that you chalk.  I used Bubble Gum and White Chalkology Paste on the flower images, allowed time for the paste to dry, and then I placed the branch/stem transfer on top of the flowers, lining them up the best that I could.  I used Mocha Chalkology Paste, and you can see in the photo how well the detail shows up.


The second new transfer that I used is "Today is a Good Day".  Isn't that a cute expression?  


Because I can't leave well enough alone, I thought the top left corner needed something, so I chose the feather from "Tribal Feathers" Chalk Transfer.  I randomly placed small "globs" of Bubble Gum and Mocha paste on top of the transfer, and then I just swirled it with my finger and made sure all open areas of the image were covered.  

The framed chalkboard that I used for this project is the 9" x 12" Aiden.  It's a wonderful size, and I can't stress how AWESOME it is that when I'm ready to change the design, all I have to do is spritz the design with water.  Let the water soak on the paste for just a few seconds, and then use a paper towel or damp cloth to just wipe the design away.  

ONE chalkboard to hang in ONE place that you can use OVER and OVER again.

Find all of the products mentioned in this post at https://regina.chalkcouture.com.  Contact me at randari at Hotmail dot com if you need any assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking the time to leave a comment is much appreciated! To prevent scam and advertisement comments from automatically posting to my blog, all comments are moderated. Thank you for understanding.